Katke Golf Course
360 Panorama: Golf Pro Shop
Bulldog Invitational Feature
PGM Learning Center Feature
The Katke Golf Course, a university-owned 18-hole golf course situated on the western flank of the Ferris State campus, serves as the home site of all Bulldog cross country along with men's and women's golf events.
The course is named after Mr. and Mrs. Marvin L. Katke, whose generous donation influenced campus development and the initial phase of the golf course. Katke, a friend of Ferris and a Mecosta County native, was vice president for manufacturing of the Ford Motor Company and a 1967 recipient of an honorary degree from FSU.
The Katke Golf Course, which opened in 1974, has hosted numerous league and regional championships in recent years including the 2003 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) Men's and Women's Cross Country Championships along with the 2004 NCAA-II East Regional Women's Golf Championships, the 2004 GLIAC Women's Golf Championships, the 2005 NCAA-II Great Lakes Regional Cross Country Championships, the 2007 NCAA-II East Regional Women's Golf Championships and 2008 NCAA-II Midwest Regional Cross Country Championships.
A new clubhouse, which was added in the summer of 1999, houses the Professional Golf Management (PGM) Learning Center at Ferris State. The PGM program, which is designed for the individual who is interested in a career as a golf professional, has over 300 students and is a source of national recognition and a revenue producer for the university.
Established in 1975, the PGM program was the first of its kind in the nation sanctioned by the prestigious Professional Golfers' Association of America (PGA).
Both the building and course also serve as a recreational resource for the entire community and surrounding area.
Most home cross country meets start and finish on Katke's 9th hole near the clubhouse.
Please visit the Katke Golf Course Website for more information:
Katke Golf Course
1003 Perry Avenue
Big Rapids, MI 49307